I thought I had at least 2 cups of bean flour. So, I bravely started the next experiment. For some reason, I went onto Turkish bread. I love the stuff and I was too lazy to do mashed potato first. After getting the yeast ready, I discovered I in fact was down to 1 last cup of bean flour. So, 1 bean flour to 4 wheat/bakers' flour. The good news is that it worked - I thought very well.
I learned that 1 cup untreated (no mashed potato) results in quite a crumbly bread (very nice though). So, I will try the same bread with 2 cups (1.5 bean flour and 0.5 mashed potato) to 3 wheat. I will continue until I am using as little wheat flour as will work in the bread. The aim is to make things pretty much entirely from my own flour. I did the easiest first successfully (pancake) and have progressed to pretty much a normal bread which is the most difficult. I'm now getting quite cocky about bean tortillas with no wheat at all.
Add a Comment