Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

A quieter garden visit that really gave us the time for a lovely chat, Valerie's talk on mealy bugs and to enjoy some very yummy food (just for a change - LOL!).  Oh, it was fantastic in terms of the share table too - I headed off home with two pumpkins, flower's for Rozie (thanks Barb), and three tomato seedlings  and a lemon from Susan.  

We were greeted by a pleasant little flower patch that hid some absolute beauty

The front yard is the main growing area: 

with a pretty darn good range of produce

Valerie's use of the tiny shaded side of her yard is very darn clever.

Thanks so much for throwing your home open to us, Valerie.  I really enjoyed the visit. 

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

Thank You so Much Valerie for hosting yet another GV. Thank You Andy for the photos and report of the morning, sounds like you all had a lovely time getting in amongst the Meal Worms, sorry I missed out on this one.

We still have spots open for GV's this year if anyone would like to host a Garden Visit. All you need is a Table for the Swap Produce etc., a Kettle to Boil the Water for a Cuppa & a bit of a Garden, after all it is the Company & Morning Tea we come for anyway.

Looking amazing Valerie - so much has change by the looks since first visiting your garden a few years ago! Sorry I couldn't make it :( Best wishes

Thanks for the report Andy :)

Oh, I videoed the meal worm chat.  I'll get it up as soon as I can manage it.  

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service