Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

We are lucky enough to be an internet community.  While we stay on line, we won't be infected by Covid19.  As the current owner of the site, I'd like to make the following messages clear: 

Covid19 is a real issue and many of our members are older.  Many of us have a range of underlying health issues as well.  

Having said that, I am not in the business of telling people what they should do.  Members should feel free to take responsibility for their own health. 

People can continue to host garden visits and/or attend them as they see fit.  I'm sure none of the hosts will be offended if very low numbers of (or indeed no) people attend.  Similarly, hosts should feel free to cancel any visits they have scheduled and none of the attendees will blame them. 

I'd like to take this chance to remind you that our strength is that we are primarily an internet community.  I'd like to encourage you to share more information and comments here on the site.  A number of members who I have spoken with have made it clear that they won't be attending any public events.  Many of us are already in lock down and using this as an excuse to focus on our gardens.  Being able to chat with each other here on the site will become a primary source of social discourse for a number of us.  

Expect event cancellations.  

Andy

Views: 87

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Andy.  We've gone into lockdown except for an occasional food shop during quiet times.  
I think the internet is going to be a social lifeline for a lot of people over the next few months.

Yep same for us since Monday - work orders

I think I saw a tumble weed but the crops are doing well.  Thank goodness. 

lol

Thanks Andy, regrettably we are having to postpone our Garden Visit until later on in the year when we hope things are finally under control from the Covid19 Virus. I myself have a suspect immune system that I can't afford to take the chance with, having to be very careful where I go and what I do. At this stage it also looks like my Cheesemaking tour to France in May is most probably off as well. 

As a result of our GV cancellation it looks like Graham & I are going to have ourselves some Cheese & Wine Tasting Party here.

Keep Safe & Well.

LOL.  Yeah, my heart bleeds for you buggers.  Um... thought about express posting some to my place?  

Good thinking Andy.  At this stage other places I go have shut the doors for the time being e.g. QUT gym, and expect others will do the same.  I must admit I will enjoy just pottering around the garden and a good time to do another cupboard clean out for charity donation.  Lots of jobs to do that I never seem to get around to.   

Everyone stay well and safe and look forward to catching up with everyone on the other side

I wonder what folks would have done before the interwebs? 

I wonder this also - I would probably be on perpetual holidays! blasted internet...

Good idea, Andy.  Some of us are definitely more prone to hospitalization when this virus gets us maybe!

I have been busy looking for which foods such as leaves flowers etc, that I can eat if fresh veggies are harder to come by.  As I mainly grow fruit trees and not so many european style veggies.  I still have katuk, moringa, aibika, and many more leaves to sustain us.  J.C.Williams suggest we look at plants that grow well like green amaranth, cress, and self seeding volunteers.  Our gardens can be a big multivitamin tablet is we look at the weedy looking edibles as well. There are many guidebooks on the subject.

Keep up the good work all and deliveries can be left on my front porch now.   Ha! Ha!

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service