My main ones are probably:
* water: I try to water deeply and not very frequently, but NEVER to let the plants dry out. usually means every 2-3 days in winter, every 1-2 days in summer. I've been applying about 180l of water to 17 metres square (by watering can! erg)
* food: pH has to be about 6-7, LOTS of compost in the soil, at least 2 applications a year of pelletised manure. dolomite as needed, worm casting whenever they're around. Seaweed spray maybe once a year. No other lotions and potions or liquid manures for me.
* sunshine: not too much. about 4-5 hours a day or semishade equivalent is ideal.
* wind: no thanks, just a zephyr is fine
* ground cover: I try to make sure there are leaves or mulch shading all areas of the soil
* companion planting: plants can share the same bed if they use different root and leaf zones so they're not in competition.
* diversity - the more the better. tastes better, confuses the pests, completes food chain and creates competition amongst the insects
* if it's sick pull it out and feed it to the chooks/ compost heap/ worm farm.
How about you?