Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

..let me count the ways:

1: you have constantly dug up my pototoes.sweet potatoes as soon as they are ready to harvest

2: you seem to also like capsicum

3: rather than let my new capsicum seedlings settle in, you think it fun to dig them up to dry out.

4: you also have a taste for almost..oh...so close to being ready to pick tomatoes from my vines.

5: Rather than share my highly desired (by me) produce, you take nibbles from a number of items and discard their little pieces all over my yard.

6: my lettuce seedlings have little chance to grow when tossed to the side of your digging frenzy.

7: convincing my husband to build a pest proof fence around my garden beds is very unlikely....

SOB.

Views: 1280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sweet potato leaf pesto? Really? Just make it like normal basil pesto?

I figured if I have an electric fence low to the ground (please note, I am not talking high voltage!), they won't go anywhere near the area. I could be completely wrong. Have spoken with a friend in National Parks who suggested building a fence but having a skirt at the bottom dug into the ground. 

That option obviously is a lot more permanent and hard work. Means also that I need to plan how big I want my overall garden - ie do I just build around the existing beds, what if I want more in the future. It's also is not the aesthetically pleasing look I want for the front entrance to my house.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service