So today, I was looking at my overflowing coriander pot and felt so guilty about hardly using it. Keep in mind that I have another pot started with seeds as I turn these over every 6-8 weeks to keep successive plants going.
So I went looking for a recipe to use it up that was warm and comforting on this rainy day. I found a Sweet potato and coriander soup recipe that also used ginger (Tick) and chillies (Tick) which I grow abundantly in my garden. "Perfect"! I thought. Here's the recipe - I use a thermomix but is easily adjustable to food processor.
1. Add 1 quartered brown onion, 2 cm nub of ginger and 1 chilli to bowl. Chop 2 sec speed 6
2. Add 30g olive oil -Saute 4 min 100 degrees speed 1 (Mc off)
3. Add 1/4 tspn cumin seeds, 600g chucky cut sweet potato and chop 5 sec speed 6
4. Add 200g coconut cream (I used Ayam brand), 400g of water, and 1 tablespoon of vege stock. Cook 25 minutes 98 degrees (just under strong boil to stop cream from splitting) speed 1 (MC off)
5. Add large handful of coriander and blend 1 min speed 9. Serve with bread.
This is my final product and it was amazing!! Definitely making this again. I'm sure it would work just as well with pumpkin.