Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Hi everyone just wanted to show my A frame garden.The frame stands 900 high by 900 wide and its bottom is only 500 long .The pipes are simply blocked at the ends and slotted across .They sit on steel pegs wich sit in holes on the mostly 4x2 timber I salvaged from a building site.The A frame sits on a steel table I fabricated so it would be at a user friendly site but thats my choice only.It could also sit neatly on the ground ,against the wall or even a small board with wheels perhaps .There is a frame of netting over it as I do this with most of my beds.The crops are kale,spinach,bok choy and broccolli.The photos have been taken a week apart and hope they make the design easy to follow.

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good effort Darren, the insect netting looks effective, am curious where you bought the netting.

Hi James Ive always bought mine at bunnings,Masters did have this ready made thing for an above ground bed but was wayyyy to expensive.The bunnings type you can cut to your liking,Ive done lots with just a few nets over the years and as the results show well worth it.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service