Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

All Discussions Tagged 'seedlings' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

UPCYCLED SEEDLING CONTAINERS

Many of us already recycle containers for seedlings, but here's some reminders of just how creative we can be. (Note: the "seedlings" are o…

Started by Lissa

5 Nov 28, 2017
Reply by Mary-Ann Baker

Pineapple Seeds

When cutting open a recent store bought pineapple, I noticed some seeds. The seeds were present at the inside extremities of the skin, and…

Started by Rob Collings

15 Apr 9, 2017
Reply by Rob Collings

THE ORGANIC GARDEN by Jeffrey Hodges

I'm currently reading this book by Jeffrey who lives locally at Flaxton.  It's like all my thoughts on gardening put down on paper in a rea…

Started by Lissa

10 Apr 3, 2017
Reply by Lissa

Seed Raising Protocols

While I'm sure all roads  lead to loam...I was wondering about my seed raising habits, primarily because some seeds sprout and grow then ju…

Started by Dave Riley

24 Oct 6, 2015
Reply by Lissa

Eating organic sharply cuts pesticide exposure - study

This article was originally published on The Conversation. Read the original article. Eating organic sharply cuts pesticide exposure - stud…

Started by Lissa

0 May 17, 2014

Northy Street City Farm - in stock now

Email from NORTHEY STREET CITY FARM: EDIBLE LANDSCAPES NURSERY Our trading hours are: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 9-3, and Sunday 6…

Started by Lissa

0 May 3, 2014

6 Steps To Creating Your Own Organic Garden!

Compact and sensible little article full of good advice from FOOD MATTERS: 6 Steps To Creating Your Own Organic Garden! By Tara Green (N…

Started by Lissa

0 Apr 25, 2014

Certified organic seedlings

For organic gardeners who are too busy to grow their own seedlings, but appreciate the plant vitality benefits of using non-hybrid seeds, g…

Started by Peter Kearney

0 Jun 17, 2013

Organic seedlings

For those of you who live on the north side of Brisbane, around the Samford/ Ferny Grove area, I have an ongoing supply of organic seedling…

Started by Peter Kearney

7 Oct 16, 2012
Reply by Peter Kearney

Broccoli growing & seed saving

Broccoli its so nutrious & I grow it every year, but the seeds or seedlings are always hybrid, because I have not been able to find a v…

Started by Jane

4 Jun 21, 2010
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service