Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

All Discussions Tagged 'fruit' (68)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sweetgreen: The Future of Fast Food

What a delightful idea for a takeaway chain. Business opportunity for someone savvy here in Australia. From ORGANIC CONNECTIONS: Sweetgree…

Started by Lissa

2 Jul 9, 2014
Reply by Lissa

Productive Gardens magazine for July

Check out page 11 :) Hi Lissa, The latest issue is now live on the Newsstand. The Android version is available on Google Play at https://pl…

Started by Lissa

5 Jul 4, 2014
Reply by Farina Murray

Eating organic sharply cuts pesticide exposure - study

This article was originally published on The Conversation. Read the original article. Eating organic sharply cuts pesticide exposure - stud…

Started by Lissa

0 May 17, 2014

6 Steps To Creating Your Own Organic Garden!

Compact and sensible little article full of good advice from FOOD MATTERS: 6 Steps To Creating Your Own Organic Garden! By Tara Green (N…

Started by Lissa

0 Apr 25, 2014

CLOSED Gowinta Farm (Beerwah) expressions of interest

FOR THOSE WHO RESPONDED (I will delete this topic later) THIS VENUE IS NOW CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC AND NO LONGER DOING TOURS. I'm organising a…

Started by Lissa

4 Apr 3, 2014
Reply by Lissa

All Across America, Teens Are Demanding Organic

From ORGANIC CONNECTIONS: All Across America, Teens Are Demanding Organic A whopping 39 percent of teens are choosing organic food options—…

Started by Lissa

3 Feb 18, 2014
Reply by Lissa

Garden Visit at Lyn's at Stanmore

Big thank you to Lyn for having us out to her beautiful property. See the pics and add your own HERE.

Started by Lissa

0 Feb 16, 2014

Fejoa

Has anyone had any success with Fejoa trees in Brisbane?  I have a few that have been in for years but are still not producing.  They have…

Started by Lyn Buffett

12 Feb 15, 2014
Reply by Florence

How to Make a Food Forest Suburb

How to Make A Food Forest Suburb Hi, Did you know that way back in the early 1970's an American architect decided to plan and build a uto…

Started by Lissa

11 Dec 18, 2013
Reply by Jodie Miller

Blooming in Brisbane Gardening TV

Blooming in Brisbane Gardening TV Not familiar with this - just found it this morning. There's a nice little video on the Inspiration Garde…

Started by Lissa

0 Oct 12, 2013

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service