Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Dave Riley's Discussions (1,705)

Discussions Replied To (1210) Replies Latest Activity

"My Chaya plants are now harvestable, so I'm eating the leaves more often. Despite th…"

Dave Riley replied Nov 16 to Chaya

14 Nov 16
Reply by Dave Riley

"FYI: despite my researches, the opuntia I'm growing appears not to be  Opuntia ficus…"

Dave Riley replied Nov 12 to Spineless Prickly Pear Cactus : Nopales -- a celebration. (puntia ficus-indica )

3 Nov 18
Reply by Doug Hanning

"Clay soil woes? This may be useful.:How Do I Improve Heavy Clay Soil in the Garden?…"

Dave Riley replied Nov 12 to soil, soil and soil?

23 Nov 12
Reply by Joe Wang

"ABC Sunshine Coast And from the Sunshine Coast Regional Council - Here are the guid…"

Dave Riley replied Nov 11 to Noosa council bans new beehives in suburbia regardless of whether they're native stingless bees

2 Nov 11
Reply by Dave Riley

"Well Morayfield  has different environments and the various flooding preferences of…"

Dave Riley replied Nov 7 to soil, soil and soil?

23 Nov 12
Reply by Joe Wang

"I have a  suggestion, based on research in Vietnam. Plant your fruit tree with a Vet…"

Dave Riley replied Nov 2 to soil, soil and soil?

23 Nov 12
Reply by Joe Wang

"I have friends that had a house on the Brisbane River near Ipswich but they got floo…"

Dave Riley replied Nov 1 to soil, soil and soil?

23 Nov 12
Reply by Joe Wang

"And I thought I had it bad, Roger! I've been growing on my patch for 10 years while…"

Dave Riley replied Oct 31 to soil, soil and soil?

23 Nov 12
Reply by Joe Wang

"There are any number of 'soil testers' but I'd think it may be better to check out t…"

Dave Riley replied Oct 30 to soil, soil and soil?

23 Nov 12
Reply by Joe Wang

"More garlic growing tips: "

Dave Riley replied Oct 30 to How to Grow Garlic-The Complete Guide to Garlic

2 Oct 30
Reply by Dave Riley

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service