Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

James Rosenlund's Discussions (76)

Discussions Replied To (55) Replies Latest Activity

"What gets me, on these gardening TV shows is the amount of " Additives " you have to…"

James Rosenlund replied Apr 16, 2016 to Before Permaculture, before Gardening Australia -- there was John Seymour and 'self sufficiency'

21 Apr 18, 2016
Reply by Dave Riley

"I have grown some beaut Black jacks, but they require too much care. I love the soun…"

James Rosenlund replied Apr 16, 2016 to First Tromboncino harvest today.

11 Apr 18, 2016
Reply by DARREN JAMES

"I reckon very soon  you'll see flowers on that vine. One of my vines has a female fl…"

James Rosenlund replied Mar 23, 2016 to PUMPKIN VINE IS A VISITOR

8 Mar 23, 2016
Reply by Dianne Caswell

"If you live in Tassie or Victoria they do. My pumpkins are just now putting out new…"

James Rosenlund replied Mar 21, 2016 to PUMPKIN VINE IS A VISITOR

8 Mar 23, 2016
Reply by Dianne Caswell

"My tall trees drop new nutrients when their leaves drop. They have a massive deep ro…"

James Rosenlund replied Mar 20, 2016 to (Not) Pulling weeds and other plants from the comfort of the soil....

17 Mar 21, 2016
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

"The fruit eating birds drop asparagus fern seeds and palm seeds continuously under m…"

James Rosenlund replied Mar 20, 2016 to (Not) Pulling weeds and other plants from the comfort of the soil....

17 Mar 21, 2016

"I use an old bone handled knife that is sharpened on the end as a chisel and cut jus…"

James Rosenlund replied Mar 19, 2016 to (Not) Pulling weeds and other plants from the comfort of the soil....

17 Mar 21, 2016

"Trans-fats are man made and are not found in natural food. The process involves cont…"

James Rosenlund replied Dec 22, 2013 to Trans Fats = Frankenfats—Why You Should Never Eat Them

5 Dec 22, 2013
Reply by James Rosenlund

"Pic 4 shows well harvested dandelion growing under the sweet leaf ---- notice the mi…"

James Rosenlund replied May 4, 2013 to Edible weeds

72 May 7, 2013
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

"Pic 3 shows some well advanced chickweed growing amongst the mushroom plants --- lov…"

James Rosenlund replied May 4, 2013 to Edible weeds

72 May 7, 2013
Reply by Elaine de Saxe

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service