Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Christa's Discussions (697)

Discussions Replied To (502) Replies Latest Activity

"If get use of it weekly then its worth it. We always spend a bit extra on quality it…"

Christa replied on Monday to THIS IS AN INTERESTING CONTRAPTION

3 on Monday
Reply by Christa

"My job was the prep work, to quarter the oranges, and using scissors, I would cut ce…"

Christa replied Jul 2 to Easy citrus marmalade

6 Jul 2
Reply by Christa

"Thats a big cane, Fiona.  Pity you don't know the name, but it looks good for fruiti…"

Christa replied Jul 2 to Growing Raspberries in Brisbane

5 Jul 8
Reply by Cres

"The grotty eggs can go in a planting hole in the ground for extra fertilizer.  I hea…"

Christa replied Jun 27 to Bad Eggs can cause salmonella -- like recent outbreak in VIC backyard chickens

4 Jun 27
Reply by Dave Riley

"Our local Op shop has just put their prices up.  I went to buy an old net curtain to…"

Christa replied Jun 25 to Vegetable and Fruit Storage: Reusable Produce & String Bags

5 Jun 25
Reply by Christa

"Thanks for those great hints Dave. You are always generous with sharing your knowled…"

Christa replied Jun 24 to Vegetable and Fruit Storage: Reusable Produce & String Bags

5 Jun 25
Reply by Christa

"Exactly Dave, Vetiver is a good plant for many of us to utilise.   We have noticed t…"

Christa replied Jun 8 to WEEDS - Pro's and con's

3 Jun 8
Reply by Christa

"Well Dave, that is interesting. The ground cover commelina and waragul greens are bo…"

Christa replied Jun 6 to Living Mulch

8 Jun 7
Reply by Dave Riley

"Your garden and my garden are totally different, Dave.  I am sorry that I did not bu…"

Christa replied Jun 5 to Living Mulch

8 Jun 7
Reply by Dave Riley

"Yes you are right about their naming practice when it come to Sabara ad Grimal, I th…"

Christa replied May 30 to HOW MANY OF YOU ARE WILLING TO WAIT FOR FRUIT

11 May 31
Reply by Fiona Ryan

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service