Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

EXPLORING the FIELD TOGETHER - Q&A (1,517)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The five keys to soil health

This is a useful summary from Scott Strough at Sketical Science (see for full interview). I think the claims re climate change are not full…

Started by Dave Riley

0 Oct 19, 2020

Warning on dangers of storing garlic in oil

I was amazed to read from a book on growing Garlic by Penny Woodward that it is dangerous to store garlic in oil in the fridge. Apparently…

Started by Roger Clark

5 Oct 15, 2020
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

Cover crops

Any one going to plant a cover crop to stop weeds and create mulch in the  hot weather and where to get the seeds at a cheap price.

Started by Jeff Kiehne

3 Oct 13, 2020
Reply by Dave Riley

Diet vs weight — which matters more? A kitchen garden really works wonders

ABC's Health Report addresses a fascinating topic. Reasons why may not be as they seem when you look at the second longest lived cohort in…

Started by Dave Riley

2 Sep 24, 2020
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

Joseph Simcox a very interesting speaker.

While on holidays, lazing about had time to look at some youtube videos that I have not had time to get around to. Joseph Simcox did a talk…

Started by Doug Hanning

0 Sep 24, 2020

HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO PURCHASE ANY NEW PLANTS FOR SPRING.

Not long ago I mentioned that I was not going to buy any new trees unless I disposed of some excess plants.  But, I got a reminder of an or…

Started by Christa

9 Sep 19, 2020
Reply by Christa

How to protect young climbing beans from bean fly

I came up with this method of protecting my young climbing beans from bean fly, whose larvae killed successive plantings of my Blue Lake…

Started by Mike Watson

1 Sep 18, 2020
Reply by Andrew Cumberland

Please advise how to grow garlic

Dear All,   Would anyone please give me some advice regarding growing garlic at backyard garden? Where can I find the seed, which is suitab…

Started by Joe Wang

7 Sep 15, 2020
Reply by Joe Wang

Growing Raspberries in Brisbane

So here’s the scenario: our builder showed up with a heap of gifted produce as well as some tomato plants, a pigeon pea plant and a pot wit…

Started by Fiona Ryan

6 Sep 7, 2020
Reply by angela holmes

Growing mushrooms at home?

Since I have a fungi habit I was thinking that I could embrace home fungi growing. It is a straightforward newbie DIY,  depending on your …

Started by Dave Riley

10 Sep 3, 2020
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service