This is the recipe for the Zucchini Bites that I took along to the GV at Lissa'a today. I usually double the recipe and freeze. They are fine to heat up in the microwave for a quick Breakfast or Lunch.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices rindless bacon, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- Heat the oil in a large pan and saute’ onion until translucent. Add the bacon and fry until it starts to colour. Add the carrot and zucchini and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl to cool.
- Beat the eggs, cream and cheese together; season to taste.
- Stir the egg mixture into the cooled zucchini mixture. Stir in the flour.
- Grease and flour little muffin/bun tins. Spoon mixture into the holes.
- Bake at 180Â°C/350Â°F/Gas 4 for 15-20 minutes.