Must be the time of year (Christmas).
The other night I put dinner in the oven, went to check on it three quarters of an hour later to find that it was still sitting there but with lots of cold air blowing over it. The oven had died :(
Never mind, says I, I have I a microwave and a new cook top.
The next morning I go to melt my cheese on bread for breakfast to find the microwave had died as well. I know from clients experiences that this happens during periods of thunderstorms. Stuff dies. The microwave is possibly 10yrs old and that's pretty good in this day and age.
Yesterday I phoned my electrician. I'm chatting to Chris thinking...you don't sound all that good...when he tells me he is in hospital suffering from "a rare disease". Chris had Gullian-Barre disease poor love, an auto-immunse disease and will be there for for another 6mths. No help there.
So tonight I have new microwave courtesy of Coles (who, bless them, had a special going if you bought something over $100) but no oven.
The good news is...my new microwave doesn't nag like the old one, the fridge and the car. It beeps once to tell me the the time is up and then is silent. Not sure that is a good thing after all!
Add a Comment