With so many ways to use Matcha in everyday cooking, today I decided to make some yummy Matcha Chocolate & Goji Berry Energy Ball treats.
I love cooking with Matcha because is can aid your health in the following ways.
- Raise energy levels for up to 4-5 hours
- Create a state of calmness and mental clarity due to the L-theanine it contains
- Boost metabolism by 35-40% (when consumed regularly);
- Act as an anti-inflammatory – it contains huge amounts of the phytonutrient called epigallocatechins (137 times more than what green tea contains)
- Help to stabilize healthy blood sugar levels
- Support healthy cholesterol levels within a normal range;
- Act as a blood detoxifier and alkalizer;
- Act as an adaptogen, helping our body deal with the stress of training.
Matcha Chocolate & Goji Berry Energy Balls
- ½ cup soft, pitted dates (make sure they are sticky)
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Herbal Tea Direct Matcha green tea powder + more for dusting
- 1 to 3 Tablespoons almond milk
- Add dates and almonds to a food processor and process until they come together into a sticky ball.
- Break up ball and add in cocoa powder, matcha powder and almond milk. (Add more almond milk to make more sticky as required)
- Process until all ingredients have been combined and form into a large sticky ball again.
- Roll into 10 small balls and dust with more matcha powder.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or longer in freezer.