We're away on another branch of the garden adventure.
You'll note the 'ground covers'-gone wild. I hack a space in that jungle to plant out seedlings and use the cut stuff as mulch.
The Compost Corral (that's the right spelling!) is a cul de sac inside the chook pen layered with cuttings and scraps that the chooks turn over.
The ferment pot is the vat where I brew my 'probiotic' -- aloe vera juice and fibre, kitchen washes, sugar and water.
The little red berets are my clay pot covers atop the mounds.
[Click on images to enlarge view].
- Greens: lettuces, chickories,Radicchio, Okinawan Spinach, spring onions, leaf celery, prickly pear paddles, edible chrysanthemum, pepper leaf, Portuguese cabbage, drum head cabbage, Nappa Cabbage, Collards, broccoli, Gai Lan, Katuk, Watercress, daylilies, kale, Brazil Spinach, Wild Rocket, Moringa,mizuna,tatsoi,bulb fennel.
- Fruits/Seeds: Tromboncino, zucchini, choko, sweet peppers, chillies, passion fruit, dragon fruit, green beans, mouse melon, sunflowers,tomatoes,lemons, oranges, limes, mulberry, broad beans, pigeon peas,madagascar beans,loofa, corn,tomatillo,mushrooms.
- Tubers/Roots: potatoes, sweet potatoes, yacon, turnip, carrot, radish, beetroot, burdock, various yams, yam bean, tigridia jockey cap lily, sunchokes
- Herbs: parsley, dill, coriander, basil, thyme, oregano, mints, vietnamese mint, rosemary,lemongrass, turmeric.
- Mulch/Probiotics/Cover Crops: dog bane, indian shot canna, nasturtium, aloe vera,vetiver grass,lemon grass,Canavalia.