Well, we had a busy day in the garden yesterday preparing the back bed for spring planting in a couple of weeks' time. The whole bed was covered in tomatoes bar a little patch I dug up and planted a few weeks ago. I picked off the ripe tomatoes as we went and ended up with half a 9 litre bucket! I put a thin layer of mulch down which will hopefully start to break down a little by over the next two weeks before I start planting. The patch looks so bare just covered in mulch, but it also looks much bigger. We salvaged the one large tomato plant amongst the dozens of cherry tomatoes.
Mum and dad were getting their laundry remodelled, so they kindly salvaged and donated their old washtubs to my garden for waterchestnuts. I'll still need more space for the rest, but it's a good start at least.
My fiance made up some potato boxes during the week. They're made out of our old carport gate. I'm assuming you can only really fit one potato per box, so we'll need to make more boxes too. It's good to get them started, the eyes were definitely starting to develop on the ones we planted.
The pumpkin vine has got another 5 pumpkins on it maturing nicely. When the sweet potato is ready (which won't be too far off) I'll give the pumpkin and sweet potato fritter recipe a try.
Well I'm off to go potter around bit more in the garden.