I spilt some potting mix the other day. Mix we had got from a neighbour who works in horticulture.
We shovelled it up and dumped it in a pot only to have this white fungus appear across the surface 2 days later.
Looks like Lions Mane mushroom -- but then I'm no mycologist.It was in one piece -- as though a huge cat had vomited up its lunch.
Turns out that it is probably “Dog Vomit” fungus. Fuligo septica -- a species of plasmodial slime mold. Inhabits fresh laid mulches.
You can share this photo in two ways…
Share this link:
Send it with your computer's email program: Email this