Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

For a good value lunch on the waterfront at Redcliffe, Oasis or Jetty are worth a whirl. Both do a great Calamari - and lots of other good food. Saturday is less busy at Redcliffe, Sunday is very busy with the waterfront market and brunchers.

Recommend Saturday from 11am at either cafe.

Views: 149

Replies to This Discussion

If we had firm numbers they might take a booking. Organising things like this in the past (for the Coeliac Society) getting those firm numbers on the day is the trick! I would find people would say they are coming and not turn up on the night. Perhaps a deposit might encourage attendance?

And if you can please provide phone numbers and/or addresses for these places.

I can do that with a little research. Meantime neither place take bookings. They both have large under-cover outdoor areas. Midweek there would be no problem with crowding. Saturday probably alright, Sunday debatable with the market it's mayhem.

I was thinking something more relaxed than bookings. Just make a date and place and have members say if they were interested. Whoever organises it rocks up, if others come that's great, if they don't we have lunch out and that's that.

No matter how many bookings and deposits, there's always late-comers and no-showers. Simplest to not make bookings if possible and just see who comes.

Sounds like a plan Elaine. Do you want to wait until there are a few more "members" in the group? Go ahead when you're ready and advise a date and we'll see who it suits.

I'll check the diary and the weather and make a date and hope that more join the group meantime. I reckon that 5-6 would be a good group, small enough to converse with some extra so we're not just talking to the same people.

I imagine that midweek would not suit you, Lissa … assuming I found a date suitable, so far potentially there'd be 4 for mid-week. Perhaps 1 or 2 more would round out the group.

No, midweek wouldn't suit me but that's neither here nor there. There's obviously a need for mid-week outings due to the responses.

Copied/pasted from the main Social discussion (and a bit lost there):

Right, how about one of these days:

Tuesday 25th February, Wednesday 26th February, Thursday 27th February or even Friday if it's tricky to get everyone together.

All those days are free for us. I'd like to know specifically who is available on which day to make a decision on which one suits the most people.

Oh, best say where ;-)

Oasis Cafe, Esplanade Redcliffe from 11am (time variable, what suits most). Two links:

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/337/1647790/restaurant/Brisbane/Oasis-C...

https://plus.google.com/101613001620751183633/about?gl=au&hl=en

Off-street parking just behind the Esplanade, few steps to the Cafe. Toilets next to the car park.

Can sit outside undercover, views over Moreton Bay to Moreton Island.

Email to me on this forum with questions or suggestions.

If you are having one on a Thursday or Friday I should be able to come - sounds like a good spot at Redcliffe

Cool - 1 vote for Thursday. Depends on who else responds but some are sure to. I will make a decision by Sunday evening (23rd) and publish it here so everyone knows.

You can count me in for Thursday 27th.

Unfortunately I can't make it tomorrow, look forward to next time.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service