Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Dear Friends of the garden,

I have noticed that this is still a closed group. I have tried to have that changed. So pleae just accept the fact that it is what it is. I do not exclude anyone who genuinely wants to learn, so all is good At The Inspiration Garden in Morningside.

Great things are happening here. Summer refresh is almost over. Big working bee this Saturday afternoon 4:00 pm to late. We have spot lights to light up the garden for evening work and also for events.

Collaborating at present re new themed activities that involve cooking. New Committee meeting date to be set ASAP. We are developing a Inter Cultural and Indigenous flavour to our program and hope you can all come and enjoy what we are offering to the whole community inclusively.

Stay posted for updates.

Views: 120

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Nancy - this is not a closed group.  The way the site works is that people have to "join" the group before they are able to post in that group.  Facebook works the same way.

If you want to have anyone on BLF be able to respond, I suggest you just start a 1000 Edible Gardens Blog.  Also, bear in mind that if people are not BLF members, they will not be able to respond at all.  

These are spam controls which the web software includes.  

Another option would be to set up the facebook group and then just put a link to that from our site here.  But still, anyone who is not a facebook member could not comment from within facebook.  

Hope that helps.  Feel free to contact me if you need more help. 

All good. Now I understand. It all started because someone said they did not wish to be part of my group because it was closed. And I thought ---- what the??? I did not mean to exclude anyone.... And so now I have found out that every group here is like that... So I am happy.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service