HOW TO HOST A GARDEN VISIT
IT'S EASY - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND IN FULL and provide Dianne (Caswell) with the following information - follow the links provided:
STEP ONE - CHECK THE CALENDAR:
Your preferred dates might already be booked so check here before picking a month and date.
We can have two per month if spread out.
Please don't just tell me "June" as I will only have to get back to you and ask you to specify a date.
GV's are usually on a Saturday or Sunday from 10am to 12.30pm. Other days and times can be chosen but keep in mind most people work and may not be able to attend on a weekday.
STEP TWO - CONTACT Dianne (Caswell) with the following information:
* include information about your garden ie what you have growing, plants you are looking for etc
* include information about terrain - flat for walking, lots of stairs, slippery slopes etc
* include any special instructions re parking or finding your property
* include if members need to bring (or not bring) anything, such as chairs, tables
* please let us know if there are limits to the number of people who can safely attend
*IMPORTANT ensure you have insurance to cover visitors.
PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE IN YOUR RESPONSE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS REQUIREMENT.
STEP THREE - Hosts provide tea and coffee and a table to put swap items on. Visitors bring the food.
Not feeling up to having visitors? Join anyway - you're most welcome at the visits :)
Know of any Open Gardens, Community Gardens etc that we can visit? Let us know - we're always looking for new places to visit.
Dianne's mobile number is 0407 691 485.
ATTENDING A GV:
Please see the CALENDAR to see what garden visits (GV's)are coming up and follow the link to the Event listing so you can RSVP.
RSVPs are an important because:
All is not lost though if you decide to come on the day at the last minute, just phone Dianne and for the address (0407 691 485).