Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Oh what a wonderful day for a GV at Andy's, the sun was shining and the rain stayed away for us to enjoy a very different GV. We welcomed old friends and greeted new members, even a couple of Andy's curious neighbours who were out on a walk took the time to drop in.

Andy and Rozie's garden has certainly benefited from the generous deluge of recent rains, the tanks are full and the gardens are lush and healthy. The Poultry were looking beautiful, I have never seen such fat Quails and I love the Chooks with all their names, Oh I wish I could have chooks.

The Nibbles Table was as usual covered with many a treat and we had the chance to try many a Homemade goodies from our members kitchen's.

As usual the Swap Table was full to the brim with Vegetables, Fruit and all manner of Cuttings and Plants. The Swap Table has proven to be a very important part of our GV's with many a New Members garden have it's beginnings with these. For Old Members it is a source of new materials they may have never grown before. We also get the chance to taste the Produce of the Harvest, isn't it fun to be able to share.

Now to the important part of Andy's GV - The Booze. Andy began with a demonstration of how to make Beer, a simpler process than we had thought or was he making it look easy. This was followed by a talk on making your own Spirits, a bit more difficult but achievable by most of us. Then came the tasting of the spoils, well what can I say - the Coffee Liqueur was to die for, so smooth, and dangerous. There were many others on offer to taste and we left feeling very warm in our tummies. 

Thank you so much to Andy and Rozie for opening their home up to us once again and to all our Old and New Members for making the day so enjoyable. Susan has offered to take the spot we still have open in November, so we hope to see a good roll up at Manly West.   

I am sorry I was unable to take any photos as Graham had to work, so please those who did, would you mind posting them here.

Views: 257

Replies to This Discussion

I missed this in the aquaponics - this looks really lush and healthy Andy.

The young guy standing next to Roger - is that Matthew Bushnell?

No, not me Elaine. I'm in some earlier photos and a few pics down, I'm the one grabbing some cassava cuttings from under the share table. (Actually, I think I was grabbing a hippy bulb!!)

That's Sophie's hubby.  

RSS

Support Brisbane Local Food

Please support our Brisbane Local Food community.  Donations can be made directly to Andy's paypal account.  These are in Australian dollars.  Donations of $5 and above will be gratefully received and used only to pay for BLF web-hosting.  A donation of $25 will pay to host the site for a calendar month!

Donate to BLF on this link

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

© 2019   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service