Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

To limit the download when replying or reading the posts, I've included some extra photos here on a separate page.

A Banana plant with a half-grown bunch:

A PawPaw just coming into flower:

A Chilli:

Some bee-attracting flowers:

The native stingless beehive populated with Tetragonula carbonaria:

The exotic honeybees Apis mellifera in a top bar hive:

And many thriving seedlings in the above-ground beds:

And finally the self-sown Lettuces:

Views: 142

Replies to This Discussion

Nice pics Elaine, both these and the earlier ones.

Thanks for all the pics and report Elaine :)

One of those self sown lettuces has come up at the entrance to my garage out the front. I crop from it when I come home!

All the garden is looking great Lissa. Always good to see what everyone else is growing, you will have a lovely variety for winter I'm sure.

Love your garden Lissa. It always staggers me how so much grows so well and looks so tidy. I love your methods.

Thanks Susanne :) Still trying to define those methods lol. Keep it simple I say.

Wish I could have made it - your garden is still looking amazing and an inspiration.  Plus this wonderful rain has made me very eager to get the winter crop underway.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

VETIVER COMMUNITY PROJECT

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

The Vetiver Community Project is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service