Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Well the bad weather held off for a beautiful day in a Beautiful Lady's garden. 

If you have not been to Dianne's garden before, it is an absolute artwork of gorgeous edibles and ornamentals in rambling garden rooms.  These photo's simply do not do it justice. 

I mean look at these beautiful, healthy edibles in pots lining the stepping stone pathway.

The other side of the path had a variety of herbs and a large pot with hawian guava in it. If you look close, you'll see all her slate labels which just adds that extra touch of whimsy to the place.

Dianne also divides her garden up into many garden rooms with the use of archways, antique metal worked fences and the large trees.  I was standing in an archway that was fully covered with star jasmine (i think) and took this photo.  

Just look at this beautiful healthy vegie patch. 

Edibles are mixed in even in her ornamental garden and done in a way that makes magic.

But just look at this for a magical display. 

So I guess you've noticed that Dianne loves her flowers.  Many roses, salvia's and other cottage garden perennials are in her garden especially out the front.  On some of her rose bushes, there were all these bright orange bags.   They just happen to be Dianne's breeding pens :)  She has signed up for "Bugs for Bugs" to help naturally control pest species in her garden.

This is not all her garden had to display but is just a snapshot of just how beautiful a productive garden can be.  Dianne is not only an awesome and inspiring gardener but she also makes her own cheeses and chutneys/relishes.  The food table was well stocked with her goodies. 

Well that's it from me folks.  I hope you enjoyed this brief tour around Diannes amazing garden.  If you get a chance to go visit in person - take the opportunity.  You will not be disappointed.

Views: 131

Replies to This Discussion

I'm baaaaaackkkkk!

RSS

Support Brisbane Local Food

Please support our Brisbane Local Food community.  Donations can be made directly to Andy's paypal account.  These are in Australian dollars.  Donations of $5 and above will be gratefully received and used only to pay for BLF web-hosting.  A donation of $25 will pay to host the site for a calendar month!

Donate to BLF on this link

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

© 2019   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service