Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

What a delightful event! Something different every time!

Clear skies, sun, fresh air and the smell of gum smoke wafting among congenial company ... what more could you ask for?

Around 20 BLFers and children came, ate, chatted and enjoyed the garden, chooks and friendly cat.

Craig fired up his own-made pizza oven, made enough bases for everyone to have one and cooked the pizzas as we made them. Not only that, he made a wicked punch to go with it.

The table was groaning with home-made food ranging from caramelised onions to Labneh to passata to salads and dessert. There was plenty to go around and some for Craig and family to snack on over the weekend.

A small part of the edible garden:

And the chooks:

Now for the centre of attention, the pizza oven and its builder:

Above - the fire had been burning for 2-3 hours and was getting close to the coals needed to cook the raw pizza dough.

The oven in all its glory - complete with thermometer:

The ingredients table ... oh my, the scrumptious and varied food!:

Above - the bases; thin and crispy! Mmmmm!

Some of the junior garden-apprentices having a ball:

A day to savour ;-)

Thank you so much Craig and Cassie and your daughter Piper for your wonderful hospitality :-)

Views: 349

Replies to This Discussion

It took me a couple of seconds to realise how Farina had posted her message.

See the little red box in the bottom left corner of the screen, click on it. It is an RSS Feed.

The image above is just to show you what it is.  See explanation at Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS

Clever of you to find it. I must admit I'm still confused about the "why".

Hmmm I have no idea what happened there, sorry folks...!

I didn't actually mean to do anything fancy, but I did try to upload the post twice - I thought I deleted the first one because the pic came up more like an attachment than in the other posts. 

I'm going to have a look into this RSS feed business... could be useful, if I figure out how to use it!

lol

Thanks very much Craig for a wonderful visit at your place.  Very enjoyable indeed

Muriel and Barb

Thankyou Craig for you wonderful hospitality.  It was a wonderful day and was so lovely chatting to like minded people.  I came away inspired.  Now to nag my Craig to build a pizza oven!!

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service