Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Connect with part 1 here.

Blissful silence with clean crisp air greeted us at today's visit with Karla and Bruce at Whiteside.

Their extensive garden is divided between flatter areas and steep hillsides. I heard tell of a magnificent chook shed and aquaponics complete with the vegetable garden. See Lissa's pix and report in part 1.

Confining myself to areas I could navigate, for your interest, a few pix from a most enjoyable morning.

Some photos of the expansive top area complete with mature Poinciana tree and appreciative onlooker:

A cheery fire doing its job with the camp oven damper and a rocket stove boiling the water. Note the wood pile!

The A-frame dry wood store was decorated with old farm tools:

The happy munchers snacking on a wide variety of mostly home-produced food. Example is Andy's incendiary Davidson Plum infusion, Lissa's salad with piquant chutney, some wonderful scones both plain, pumpkin and fruit and so much more ...

The swap table in a regal setting. Robust lemons, eggplant, jams, plants seeds and cuttings.

We had a wonderful morning chatting with some new members (always good to see some new people attending!) and our old friends.

Thank you to Karla and Bruce for your friendship and hospitality.

Views: 161

Replies to This Discussion

It looks like you all had a wonderful time enjoying another Beautiful garden. It is a real Country Garden +.....Sorry I missed all the fun.. Karla and Bruce look like they have a place to be very proud of.

Great photo's Elaine, I adore Karla's garden and really sorry I missed it.  I won't be able to make it to your open day either due to recovering from surgery - one day I am going to make it to your garden.

Nice job with the shots Elaine!  

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service