Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

A place for Barter posts, great and small. 

If you have a particular thing that you wish to barter, please do a post under "Buy sell swap" for that item.  That will work better for you.  

Views: 151

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Dianne Caswell 1 hour ago
Delete Comment

Yes, I do use the Barter system when I can. Nothing regular though. I am at the moment swapping Pine Mulch for a few plants. Though I consider I am the winner here, nevertheless I guess this is a form of Barter.

Comment by Mark Braz 5 hours ago
Delete Comment

Lets talk about barter. How can I buy smarter with barter.

I do not pay for chook , sheep or dry dog food, I barter.

18 chooks,12 sheep and 3 dogs + share 

I barter bread,fruit and veg scrap,labour,services,bobcat,tool hire,eggs,mulch etc ect.

Who else is on this good old fashioned path?

My own comment is that I love "the barter."  I try to do it with an open heart - if I have excess then people can have it.  My hope is that they will repay me later. 

I also seem to have developed a role where people bring me their excess produce.  I process it and give some to them and keep some for myself.  That's been working a treat lately. 

Another great idea and it doesn't have to be just excess produce as Mark has stated. Not only do you avoid waste and the taxman but you generate goodwill and tap into people's experience which can be invaluable.

and get to eat some really top notch tucker!

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service