Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Elaine de Saxe's Discussions (4,493)

Discussions Replied To (10) Replies Latest Activity

"The juice was in Woolies a couple of times last year. Tasty enough but not something…"

Elaine de Saxe replied Mar 21, 2017 to Missed out on all that Anthocyanin in the Queen Garnet Plums?, then try some Australian natives

15 Jul 5, 2019
Reply by Rob Collings

"Thanks Christa, I've never cut mine back. Great site!"

Elaine de Saxe replied Apr 6, 2016 to Bush Tucker Plants Search Option Tool

23 Apr 6, 2016
Reply by Christa

"Just established that my Wombat Berry is the Eustrephus one since the berries are or…"

Elaine de Saxe replied Apr 6, 2016 to Bush Tucker Plants Search Option Tool

23 Apr 6, 2016
Reply by Christa

"One Midyim plant I grew in sandy soil did produce some fruit. I wasn't into tucker i…"

Elaine de Saxe replied Feb 26, 2016 to Bush Tucker Plants Search Option Tool

23 Apr 6, 2016
Reply by Christa

"You will have to give it back some time, Florence! ;-) Great find btw."

Elaine de Saxe replied Jan 5, 2016 to Found a book at the library - Wild Foods

5 Jan 6, 2016
Reply by Rob Collings

"I know that plant, too! And here I was trying in vain to grow Oca when we've already…"

Elaine de Saxe replied Oct 22, 2015 to EATING AUSTRALIA - AUSTRALIAN NATIVE FOODS

22 Oct 22, 2015
Reply by Rob Collings

"Not sure about native pine trees (eg Cypress) but I read a lot of exotic pine trees…"

Elaine de Saxe replied Oct 19, 2015 to Is native potting mix necessary?

4 Oct 28, 2015
Reply by Jeff Kiehne

"There's two very similar plants, not necessarily botanically related, the one you've…"

Elaine de Saxe replied Oct 16, 2015 to Bush Tucker Plants Search Option Tool

23 Apr 6, 2016
Reply by Christa

"Good info, thank you Christa. Mine is either caerulea or longifolia which are the co…"

Elaine de Saxe replied Oct 9, 2015 to EATING AUSTRALIA - AUSTRALIAN NATIVE FOODS

22 Oct 22, 2015
Reply by Rob Collings

"Finger Limes are fine if you remember how prickly they are. I allowed mine to grow a…"

Elaine de Saxe replied Oct 3, 2015 to EATING AUSTRALIA - AUSTRALIAN NATIVE FOODS

22 Oct 22, 2015
Reply by Rob Collings

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service