Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Scott Luttrell (son of Bob Luttrell aka Bob the Beeman) is now selling stingless native bee hives.

Contact details: scott@localpastures.com.au  0423 892 773

What's New - Stingless Bees

For some time, I have been building up a stock of native, stingless bee colonies and they have been enjoying the move to the new location. I am starting to work towards having my first hives available for sale.

The hive design that I am using has been designed to suit local conditions better than the most commonly used design and the materials used to build the hive are more durable than the ply and pine which are commonly used.  In addition, a bonus is the top observation panel that allows people to observe the bees in action (when they haven't covered it over with resin) and check the progress of the hive.

The hives are also designed to suit a patent pending honey harvesting method that makes sourcing honey from stingless bees more of a reality than any current methods.

We are selling the first 10 hives at an introductory price of $400/hive, and a quick search of gumtree will show that this is good value. Further details re local pickup/delivery options to follow and I am not currently shipping to other locations.

The colonies aren't currently available, but to register your interest please send me an email to reserve one at our our introductory price.  

Views: 111

Replies to This Discussion

Posted at the right time - I have decided it is time to get one.

Indeed.  You can have it in place for YOUR BIRTHDAY ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Its my birthday present to me but don't think Scott can get it to me before, and thank you for reminding me its this week-end.

Thank you for posting. I have more research to do but have emailed Scott. This may be more appropriate for the community garden than a regular hive of honey bees.

Almost defintely. No sting. No problems for people with allergies to bee stings.

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service