Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Someone told me that there is a setup locally in which the apiarist give you native bees and hive to look after  but will visit to take the honey (and maybe leave you some). 

Does anyone know of these folk/this arrangement? Contact details?

Such an arrangement would really suit the school garden we manage...

Views: 218

Replies to This Discussion

Zabels agist hives Dave.

Bees Business advertise that they do education talks to schools. Megan Halcroft lives in NSW but might be able to give advice about hives and education in your area.

There is a young woman I found a couple of months back who lives at Brighton. Trying to find her again. If I do I'll contact you with her info.

Otherwise, go through the list of contacts under WEBSITES AND INFORMATION (link in this group when you are looking for it again) and see what info you can come up with. Nothing like asking people direct.

I have found the local woman with SNB hives, Sarah Hamilton. She is a member of BLF though non active.

I've left a message on her mobile for her to give me a ring back but you are welcome to contact her direct yourself of course.

BEE YOURSELF

Thanks, Lissa...I had found a generous hive supplier -- $200 -- for the school but then this option came up. 

By "this option" do you mean Bee Yourself?

Can you share information about your hive supplier please Dave. Others might be interested even if the price is higher than quoted for the school.

I  haven't  got it yet ....and it was only for the school. The offer may not still stand. 

'This option' of the loaned hives....

Dave - Sarah from Bee Yourself is keen to hear from you. She is at Everton Hills.

0433 226 791

Here's another one but think it's honey bees:

Paula West is the Queen Bee/ Apiarist of Adopt a Beehive. www.adoptabeehive.com.au  and also owner of Kookaburra Organics.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service