Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Follow the link for this publication from VALLEY BEES:

Attract Bees.pdf · version 1

Views: 308

Replies to This Discussion

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaenostoma_cordatum

Wow! even when you take the names off the plant label there can still be much confusion and no wonder!

But wiki puts us right :)

Lots of conflicting info out there. Great that the bees love this little plant. Does it grow by cutting or seed?

I'll take a cutting and pop it in some seed raising mix since I'm planting some seeds today.
Will see how it goes.

Will be interesting.

I really need to be propagating some new bee plants like the Bush Basil and Pineapple Sage. The first died - it seems to just keep flowering and growing until it burns itself out, a bit like the bees themselves. The sage has been there for years and I keep cutting it back and it grows back. Sooner or later it will also give up the ghost.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service