Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Radical new beekeeping method. Check out the video on the website FLOW HIVE:

It's the beekeepers dream...

Turn a tap and watch as pure fresh clean honey flows right out of the hive and into your jar. No mess, no fuss, no expensive processing equipment and the bees are hardly even disturbed.

"This really is a revolution, you can see into the hive, see when the honey is ready and take it away in such a gentle way."

We are very excited to introduce our new invention that allows you to enjoy fresh honey straight out of your beehive without opening it.  It's far less stress for the bees and much much easier for the beekeeper.  

This will be available very soon. If you would like to know more, click the button above.

NOW AVAILABLE FROM THEIR OWN WEBSITE HERE.

BROOD CHECK VIDEO HERE.

Views: 743

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a bit late to the conversation, but anyways... I've been following the Flow Hive with interest too. Looks great, but I also had/have concerns about it. More about the people buying it really. There was a lot of hype and I think a lot of people don't really understand what they're getting, they just think it's all going to be magical with a pretty hive in the back yard and they can dance out through the flowers and collect some honey for their Sunday pancakes... hrmm... pancakes... now I'm hungry.

I think there'll be a few different kinds of groups with varying levels of understanding. I think there'll be a group that will be baffled when a flat pack turns up at their front door, they wont know what to do with it and anyway...where's the bees?

So I'm predicting there'll be some cheap second hand Flow Hives available on Gumtree at the end of the year, unopened - as new :-)

lol I like your description for FH owners. It's a concern for a lot of beekeepers. It looked for a bit like you don't have to do any work with the hive but I notice they have put information about this on their site recently. I like the idea of harvesting honey without killing any of my bees!

Oh yeah. Second hand (but new) FH. I must learn how to use Gumtree.

I don't think it's any fault of the inventors as they have put plenty of info about the requirements and what's involved, but i think some, possibly many people don't see or read or understand it really.

but I'm sure it'll all be fine and we'll be on to the next new big thing soon .. heh

I think you’re right Stevo. In the early days, I was getting inquiries from people who had ordered a flow hive and had no idea what to do next. So I emailed the flow guys suggesting they needed to emphasise beekeeping in their advertising instead of just honey collection. They have now provided more info but still it may come as a bit of a shock to some that they have to be beekeepers before they can be honeyeaters.   

Seems daft to us but then there are people who think chickens are naked without heads or feet and come in a plastic bag. And milk comes in a carton.

The inventors understandably assumed anyone interested would be a knowledgeable person who is a beekeeper or keen to be one. 

A friend has one called honeypot hive which has a tap is this the same kinda thing? They love their's.

No idea Juggsy, I haven't personally heard of a Honeypot hive. Maybe it's a take off of the Flow hive.

If you get any more information could you share please.

RSS

Fresh Local Provisions: Fresh Food, Local and Online

About this site

Welcome to Brisbane Local Food (BLF)!

This site was created by Scarlett Patrick, to build capacity in the Brisbane  community for growing, buying, and living sustainably. Six years on, BLF is an important hub to promote, discuss, share and learn about local food growing, production, gardens, services and activities happening in our part of the world.

This site exists for you - make the most if it!

BLF is motivated by passion, not profit. We thank all volunteers and members who make this an active and inspiring space to be, as well as those individuals, organisations and groups working to make the future greener.

What is local?
The closer the better - but regional and global activities are important too.

Why local?
To reduce food miles, increase food freshness & security, improve social outcomes and reduce the unused outputs of our living environments - like stormwater and green waste.

Brisbane is a sub-tropical city in Queensland, Australia.

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

More Google ads

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service