Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Christa's Discussions (695)

Discussions Replied To (11) Replies Latest Activity

"Yes, Elaine, native bees have been found in ground boxes and many strange places but…"

Christa replied Jul 15, 2018 to Hive Haven

9 Jul 15, 2018
Reply by Lissa

"Interesting reading, but I feel like the plastic part of the hive is not natural.  I…"

Christa replied Jul 15, 2018 to Hive Haven

9 Jul 15, 2018
Reply by Lissa

"Love the bees poster,  and got stung, and bought one, good idea about laminating.  T…"

Christa replied Jan 18, 2017 to BEE POSTER

6 Jan 19, 2017
Reply by Lissa

"Great links on native bee hive, thanks Lissa,  and they live quite close to home.  W…"

Christa replied Dec 31, 2016 to What to Look for When Inspecting Native Bee Hives After Splitting

13 Mar 28, 2017
Reply by Lissa

"Thanks for sharing that photo of the swarm on the cane chair, it is truly amazing an…"

Christa replied Nov 25, 2016 to Feeling blessed. excited and a little nervous!

13 Dec 2, 2016
Reply by Lissa

"A marvelous bit of research Rob, in that document. It is definitely a magnifying gla…"

Christa replied Nov 7, 2016 to Native Bees - Austroplebeia australis

5 Nov 7, 2016
Reply by Dianne Caswell

"Butterfly caterpillars and ants also have a relationship. Apparently the caterpillar…"

Christa replied Jan 9, 2016 to LEAFCUTTER AND WOLF SPIDER SHARE THE SAME NEST HOLE

10 Jan 9, 2016
Reply by Lissa

"Maybe the bee is a lure for other insects."

Christa replied Jan 9, 2016 to LEAFCUTTER AND WOLF SPIDER SHARE THE SAME NEST HOLE

10 Jan 9, 2016
Reply by Lissa

"Makes you wonder who was there first, most probably the spider.  Every native insect…"

10 Jan 9, 2016
Reply by Lissa

"I am not a honey expert, Barbara, but we purchased a jar of honey from an egg place…"

Christa replied Nov 19, 2015 to Fake Honey

6 Nov 21, 2015
Reply by Lissa

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service