Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Okay.  Here's the deal... I started a group for cheese making, and another for liquor making.  I have noticed that not many people choose to post in either.  So, I'm looking for some honest and open feedback here.  No posts will be ignored... roll up... ROLL UP!!!!!

Would you be interested in a bakers group?  What about a preservers group?

Do you even notice groups and group posts?  

Do you really just come here for gardening information? - no harm in that!  That's what the site was made for.  Are you just happy to read what others have to say and keep your head low?

I'd really love to hear from those of you who don't post - why not?  Those of you who do post - would baking and preserving work for you?

Views: 378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Andrew, I grew up on the European diet: bread, cheese and jam. Every summer we had to go and pick the red berries at my grand father's. Blueberries were combed and brought back by the buckets. I remember sitting at the back of the truck as a kid amongst the buckets eating as much as I could before it was turned into jams and pies. I can whip up a pretty good cake in 30 mins. Always nicest when just out of the oven :-) I have some experience with bread but would love to learn sourdoough. Going down the wheat intolerance I have been experimenting with other flours like coconut, kamut. More about that in the group discussions...I love your posts. Keep it up!

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service