Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Darren James would like to invite as many as interested to the WILD CANARY at 2371 Moggill Road, Brookfield.

Hi all you good people I mentioned on the  blog about the wild canary cafe located in Brookfield on the sth side of town. Would everyone like to meet up for a stroll and a coffee or lunch sometime .I  promise that any keen food gardener will really  enjoy this place .

Who might be interested?

SUGGESTED DATE SATURDAY 14TH FEBRUARY - VALENTINES DAY.

BOOKING HAS BEEN MADE FOR THOSE WHO RSVP'D. ANY LATE COMERS ARE WELCOME - PLEASE RSVP AND PHONE THE RESTAURANT TO ADD YOURSELF TO THE BOOKING. MAKE A COMMENT NOTING SAME.

RSVP HERE

Views: 179

Replies to This Discussion

I would be up for a lunch outing one weekend Darren. Been wanting to check this place out for work anyway.

What date/s are you thinking about?

Count us in :-)

I would love to as well but would need a weekend.

I can vouch for the food at the Wild Canary, it was very good and yes they can accommodate all dietary requirements that I saw. Of course it would be sensible to ring them first if you have a particularly stringent requirement. .

My visit was couple of months ago, we'd booked a table at an advertised ladies lunch which showcased Tasmanian lamb. I went with a friend who was visiting from the Deep South, celebrating her birthday.

I'd always wanted to taste pickled nasturtium seeds and to my delight they were part of one of the dishes we were served, delicious.

After the very fine meal we headed off to wander through their kitchen garden.

Can also vouch for the variety at the nursery as I picked up a fern (hen and chicken) that I'd been searching for forever and two insect eating plants, one to keep the midges in check ;) my friend picked up some early rosellas seedlings as a gift for another friend.

I remember picking up some standard veg seedlings but sorry I have forgotten what they were and how they turned out.

They only had the common set of climbing roses that most nurseries in Bris stock (from my limited searching) of pink, red, and white so the last plant on my search list is still there... a perfumed climbing rose with small apricotty clustered full blooms.

Ok it is a long drive from the northside but I would certainly go again if you, Darren, want to arrange a date. I'm sure we could carpool northside folk.

We will try to organise this in the new year Susanne :) Maybe Darren will come up with a date for us.

Now 2015 - perhaps Darren might like to come up with a date that suits him sometime in January?

I would love to visit this cafe - can you add me to the list of attendees please (depending on the date)

How do people feel about a lunch date on Saturday February 14th? It is Valentines Day so it would either work because people want to treat their loved one...or not work as they're treating them elsewhere!

I will need to make a booking so names and numbers please.

I have made an Event listing for expressions of interest HERE.

BOOKING MADE!

For lunch starting at 11.30am - lunch finishes at 2pm so there is a little flexibility. They will be expecting 8 of us to rock up as soon as we can after 11.30am.

Booking in the name of Brisbane Local Food.

Please ring them direct on 3378 2815 if you cannot make it.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service