Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

In a couple (maybe 3) months I will have $150 of site revenue to donate to a worthy local food community group/ garden/ group/ institution/ cause in Brisbane.

Past recipients have been:

- Jane St Community Garden

- Donna's Seed Savers group

Can people please provide me with some suggestions as to who could really use this funding next?

Prefer it benefits lots of people (directly or indirectly).

cheers Scarlett

Views: 406

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jane St had great success with wicking beds - cheap and easy to convert, it might be worth a go. I'd come help, but I'm in Victoria now

Is there someone at the centre I can contact about this?

Scarlett

update: I've left a message (public holiday today) and will chase it up

Sandgate Community Gardens are very active in the community and expanding at the moment. They could do with some help I'm sure. They also run good community get togethers with interesting guest speakers.

Mike Crook (see the link) would be the guy to talk to.

There's also the Food Sovereignty Alliance

Cat Green works with them and is a member here (new one).

Hi Scarlett, the Logan Community Gardens just lost everything with the floods this week so I'd like to put them in as a suggestion.

oh no :(

okay - I'll see what i can do - am still playing phone tag with new farm community centre, and i notice they actually have heaps of supporters: http://newfarmneighbourhood.org/about/our-supporters/

logan could put an appeal out on here? - I'll send it around if they do

Scarlett

NB

chinampas chinampas chinampas

I've donated the money to New Farm Community Centre's Community Garden (I had already rung and left a message promising it to them). 

Next lot sounds like it should go to Logan's community garden.

Good stuff :) Gone to a good home.

Thank you Scarlett and Brisbane local food, hopefully I can update you on how the donation is spent, I will be there on Monday to weed and water no doubt! I know it will go along way in the vege garden.

yay :)

Thanks for the update Scarlett.  I'm sure the money will be well spent no matter where it goes.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service