Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My family and I spent last weekend at a gorgeous little B&B just a few kms from Boonah - The Grove.

It was a great little place with it's own olive grove where they press their own oil and pickle the fruit. They also have great homemade jams.

We hired the whole house (recommended) but you can rent just a room on it's own. (You would hope to share with like  minded people as there is not a lot of living space). They can supply breakfast for an additional cost and the food was fresh and tasty. 

There are plenty of facilities to look after yourself, full kitchen, BBQ out the back etc.

The owners were very friendly, they showed my little boy around their farm and we fed the sheep. My only regret was we stayed 2nights...and not 3 or more. I bought some of their olive oil (infused with garlic) and fig jam. They have a free tasting plate of their goodies and it got me hooked.

I reluctantly share this place with others...as it's so good..it's sure to get booked out easily once people know about it!

http://www.thegrovebedandbreakfast.com.au/

I looks wonderful Wendy :) Thank you for sharing.

Sorry, I should edit the above...don't think the tasting plate was free, my sister paid to try it. (She had a voucher given to her by our hosts for a nearby winery for a free tasting plate)

Cheers. I'm always on the lookout for good B&Bs.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service