Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Modified from an Ottolenghi recipe:

- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 100g fetta (cows, sheeps or goats)
- 2 sweet potatoes from garden (or enough to fit the dish/cover the sheet of puff pastry), sliced and cooked (either roasted, boiled, steamed until just tender). Can also add carrot or regular potato - also cooked til tender. Optional: caramelised onions, cherry tomatoes
- rosemary and/or oregano from garden
- 2 tbs butterscotch sauce (I had some left over from sticky date pudding - roughly 1tbs butter, 1 tbs cream, 1-2 tbs of brown sugar, heated til just combined and syrupy)

Line dish (roughly size of sheet of puff pastry) with baking paper. Smear paper with 1 tbs of butterscotch sauce on base. Arrange cooked SP into base and coat with rest of sauce and add herbs. (Can put caramelised onions etc in spaces). Cover with crumbed fetta evenly. Cover with sheet of puff pastry and prick multiple times with a fork. Bake at 180 degrees celsius until golden (about 15-20 mins). Take out of oven. Rest 5 mins. Edge knife along edge of tart to make for easy lifting. Cover with plate and flip tart onto plate, SP facing up. Discard paper. ENJOY!

Unless you pour excessive amounts of butterscotch sauce, this will be a savoury dish. Great vego option

Views: 72

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds yummy - might have to give it a go :)

Very interesting recipe. I can't get my head around the sweet sauce with the onion etc. Bet it tastes great though. 

It was great to taste this before I make it, really nice, Thanks Sophie

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service