Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Picked up a brochure from one of the council’s library on last Friday and it is the seminar listings on Sustainable Living from May to July. I thought this may be of interest to some of you, so I will just list them in one discussion ~ (too time consuming to enter each as an event) The brochure said to call council on (07) 3403 8888 to make a booking, but apparently they didn’t have all the information at the call centre, so you will need to give them the library/date/time and they might have to ring the library itself to arrange for the booking.. of course if you have your local library’s number, you can call them direct ~ All of them should come up as “Sustainable Living seminar” in their search

Sustainable home and community gardening
Mt Cootha Library
Sunday 10 May 10:30 – 11:30am

Sustainable edible gardening
Toowong Library
Saturday 23 May 11 am – 12 noon

Grow local, eat local
Garden City Library
Sunday 24 May 10:30am

Sustainability in your own backyard
Nundah Library
Saturday 30 May 10am – 12 noon

Natural phenomena of Karawatha Forest
Sunnybank Hills Library
Tuesday 2 June 2pm

Sustainability in your own backyard
Indooroopilly Library
Sunday 7 June 11am – 1pm

Solar Cooking
Sunnybank Hills Library
Thursday 11 June 6pm

Bellis: Lessons in sustainable living
Wynnum Library
Saturday 13 June 2 – 3 pm

Organic gardening
Sunnybank Hills Library
Thursday 18 June 6pm

No-dig gardening and composting
Mitchelton Library
Saturday 20 June 10 – 11 am

Propagating plants from cuttings
Garden City Library
Sunday 21 June 10:30am – 1pm

Aquaponics in the suburbs
Sunnybank Hills Library
Thursday 25 June 6pm

Organic gardening
Mt Cootha Library
Sunday 28 June 10:30 – 11:30am

Adapting home and botanic gardens for sustainability
Mt Cootha Library
Sunday 19 July 10:30 – 11:30am

The brouchure include the names of presenters of each seminar and a short description of content too ~ maybe I should just scan it next time... can't find this brouchure online...

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

great, thanks Florence
I'm going to add them all as events
cheers SJP
Thanks Scarlett ~
I found an online version but only for May - http://whatson.realviewtechnologies.com/
Went to the "Sustainable edible gardening" at Toowong today ~ It was a much greater turn out then the speaker, Morag Gamble, expected. Got a packet of tomato & basil seeds from the council. Morag have brought some of the plants from her garden, and I got a little piece of tumeric & Yakon out of there ~ Hope they will grow ~

I will make the June seminars proper events later tonight.
ooh yay, you beat me to it! ;D
I am thinking of going to the workshop at Nundah library on Sunday 30 May.... anyone else going?
I've booked the one on 7th of June at Indooroopilly~ You probably don't need to book as they didn't check whether I've booked or not in the last workshop at Toowong, but would help them be prepared for the numbers such as making sure there's enough chairs, and whether the meeting rooms big enough.. They used an open area rather then the meeting rooms possibly because the number of people booked wouldn't fit
yes as im just down the road .
If nothing unexpected turns up, we should be able to attend the Nundah one this Saturday, would be good to meet you Trinette, and to see you again, Chris!
I've been to 4 (23 May, 7 June, 11 June,13 June), and am pretty happy with them all. Albert's particularly impressed with "Bellis: Lessons in sustainable living", Jerry have successfully captured his attention more so then others..
He didn't recognised him as one of the hosts of Gardening Australia although I watches it at his place often ^^

I didn't see any familiar faces, did anyone go to any of these seminars yet?
Not yet, but I am really hoping to get to one of the ones this weekend.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service