Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Hi Everyone,

I need your advice. We are thinking to move. One thing we want to take into consideration for choosing the place to move is if the soil is good for gardening. I hope to grow avocado and all other good fruit trees and vegetable. So how can I work it out if the soil is good enough for my gardening? Is there any organisation who can do the soil testing and give me a good interpretation of the test result?

Cheers,
Joe

Views: 340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your message. What do you described are very interesting. I am thinking to retire too next year. Then I will have more time on my garden. I would like to visit you after I retire and see how you did. 

Also, I am interest to have some seed of the garlic you grow. 

Regards,

Joe

HI Joe, any time mate I am home most days, if I have any cloves over you are welcome to them, if not I can tell you where to get some, if you have clay at your place, you will have to grow them in a raised bed or in deep polystyrene boxes, I will post how I grow them before next season, you will need good drainage and a friable mix in your raised beds or poly boxes, they are not fussed on whether it is rich or not as they take up nutrients for the leaves and bulb development at different times, so some supplementary feeding is all that is required, don't think to long about retiring Joe, best thing I ever did and am thoroughly enjoying it.

Ron

Thanks mate. I will contact you later. Cheers, Joe

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service