Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Ingredients:

1 kg cherry tomatoes, or small vine ripened tomatoes

¼ cup extra virgin olive oil

2 tab balsamic vinegar ( I use Mazzetti Glaze with balsamic vinegar. It is thick and I squirt it on first so it doesn’t slide off with the oil. I don’t measure it. just run a couple of squiggles across the tomatoes-nice and easy!)

½ tsp salt

Ground black pepper

2 tsp sugar (I use brown-just a light sprinkle across the tomatoes).

Directions:

Pre heat oven to 150° C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread the tomatoes out on top. If you are using vine tomatoes, carefully cut the vines into bunches of 3-4 tomatoes, leaving the stems intact.

Drizzle with oil and vinegar, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 1¼  hours or until the tomatoes are slightly shrivelled. Leave them on the tray until you are ready to serve them. Serve with the pan juices.

Slow roasted tomatoes will keep in the fridge for about a week. (our’s never lasts a day before they are eaten)

They are great with Fresh Cheese and Pita bread or served on croutons with a salad leaf and fresh cheese.   ......See fresh cheese recipe

This recipe is also one of Annabel Langbein's. See Soft Fresh Cheese

Views: 653

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They were yum.

What is Mazzetti Glaze?

Seriously delicious!

Mazzetti glaze has balsamic vinegar in it, but it is in a thick form to decorate or garnish savoury dishes. I get it from Coles. Does not say it is gluten free it has (modified starches) and lactose. Balsamic Vinegar might be better for GF.

Thanks Glen. I'll add it to the shopping list to remind me to check it out when I go shopping next month.

Awww man!  That sounds good. 

The simple recipes are the best. The ones using the common things we have in our pantries are more likely to get made.

You might also like to look at these Sun Dried Tomatoes, perhaps the oil & glaze could be a added thereby not using the oven in this hot weather. http://witcheskitchen.com.au/sun-dried-tomatoes/  Linda has lots of good receipes on her site all using homegrown produce.

Boy, that's using her noodle. She even steralises the jar in the hot car.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service