Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

RETIREMENT HOME WANTED FOR FOUR OLD COCKATIELS - gone to good home.

My house is going on the market shortly and I need to find a good home for my four old cockatiels.

They currently have a nice big aviary where they have lived happily for 15yrs and I would love them to go to something similar.

Front left is William (about 12) who is mated with Primrose front right (about 15). At the back is Odette (left middle) who must be going on for 18yrs old. Back right is "Baby" Bob who would be about 11.

Bob has never grown flight feathers. Odette is getting too old to fly. 

Primrose is the only tame one. She will come sit on your shoulder when in the aviary and allow a little cuddle.

They will come with a big bag of small-parrot seed.

Views: 149

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hope you find a home for your birds Lissa. Long living aren't they. If nobody will take them perhaps you won't be moving out yet?

I've contacted the Northside Parrot Rescue Phil. Hopefully they can help. Otherwise my daughter will take them but it means buying another expensive cage and she already has a heap of animals.

House will be going on the market within a couple of weeks at the most - there's some tidying up to do but I have made good progress yesterday and today and hope to get to the garden tomorrow. 

Just in case anyone was wondering - Lainie is coming around one weekend to check the birds out and may take them on. Needs a cage though.

And I have also been in contact with Northside Parrot Rescue. Obviously run by volunteers as contact is iffy, but all the same, they are there and offering assistance.

Happy news - Lainie, Cameron and Halle have given my birds a good home. Thank you so much - really appreciate seeing them go to people who understand and love birds.

Very sad on the other hand to see my last pets go.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service