Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

With all the troubles growing from seed recently, I have not kept a record of what was planted where and have a few plants I am not sure about. If anyone knows what the following are I would appreciate some help!

This one I am almost sure is a weed...

This one I am almost sure is peanut...

And this one I am pretty sure is ceylon spinach...

Thanks!

Views: 143

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry Donna, can't help you there.

I think I have plants similar to the one you believe is a peanut in my garden, which my mum thinks were peanuts too because she have dumped some spoilt peanuts around that area… I’ve let one grow before, but didn’t seem to produce peanuts (could be coz I didn’t wait long enough) so I pull them up when I see them now… .. I would be interested to know if they were peanuts after all ^^”
sorry but its not ceylon spinach . have a look at Trinettes pictures there is one of some growing on a fence , has red stem , rounddish green leaves , there is a green stem type to .
that top one does look like several weeds but the purple stem is interesting. am not sure, sorry.
second one almost certainly a peanut.
third one am pretty sure is wandering dew, a nasty weed. it reshoots from every tiny piece of root or stem left in the ground and roots along the stem as it grows. also reshoots once you've pulled it out - put it in a worm farm or hot compost heap, or kill by turing in the sun until it's brown before you dump it in a mulch pile or cold compost heap
Hi D, haven't had time to check in lately
ID of plants
Looks like it may be Noogoora Burr or another one commonly called thick ear
Peanut
wandering Dew---------Ceylon spinach is usually deep green fleshy square stem and rounded leaf
This is a link for plant ID its a good site, I use it often.......
http://www.weeds.org.au/qldmap.htm
Happy ID-ing
A
Okay, the peanut can stay - thanks everyone, and I have removed the weeds. It is so hard when you are planting things without knowing what they look like growing!

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2019   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service