Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Anybody growing Phacelia?

Do they do well in Brisbane?

I am looking for seeds or cuttings if they can be propagated that way

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haven't grown it Valerie, aka purple tansy, and good for bees. It would make a good display in spring.

It was recommended by Peta Deacon at the Mt Coot-tha botanic garden as being nectar rich. I also read it is good green manure but that would mean cut before the bees can enjoy it :-I 

Amazing that someone locally would recommend an exotic, especially a rare one. Almost anything is good for green manure - especially legumes and grasses with buckwheat being a great one allowed to seed it self-sows too.

Sorry my mistake. She said she grows them for the bees because they're nectar rich, not as green manure. The green manure bit I read elsewhere. Like I wrote, it seems irrelevant if you want the flowers. 

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service