Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Many of us not only garden but have many pets that we love and cherish within and complimenting those gardens. 

Christine (Butler) is a beautiful girl who comes to our Respite Centre and lights everyone up with her happy personality and enthusiasm for art sessions with our Members.

Christine also just happens to be an incredible pet portrait artist as I found out yesterday. She has a website called SCRIBBLE DOGS and a FB page.  

SCRIBBLY BEGINNINGS

I have been drawings since I could hold a pen, at school some teachers may of said it was really the only thing I showed interest in! I remember them leaving my drawings up on the walls long after others were taken down…….

I have tried every medium and all sorts of subjects but often became bored, moving on to other art forms and styles…But the only thing that I have drawn consistently over the years seems to be animals and mainly dogs!

I guess dogs have always been my passion!! Last year at the age of 18 years old my dearest old Mr Grub died he was a beautiful Parsons Jack Russell Terrier. Heartbroken, I should draw him (could be good therapy) but I just couldn’t/can’t bring myself to draw him just yet, so I started to draw my friends dogs instead! which they loved! Soon friends of friends all wanted me to draw one for them too and so Scribble Dogs was born. One day I may draw my Mr Grub but until then let me draw your cherished furry friend in my lively fresh style and make you happy!

Best wishes Christine Butler  scribbledogs.com

Here is a small sample of some of her work:

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How lovely this was to stumble upon Lissa as I had no idea you had written it! I truly appreciate your kind comments and belief in my art. What we do at the respite centre feels like more than a job to me, as going to the centre and working with you all is one of my favourite things!

Meant every word Christine :)

We love having you visit us at Henderson Centre. You inspire not only the members but the staff also.

:D

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Organic Farm Share

Ads by Google

© 2017   Created by Farina Murray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service