Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Currant Family Sugar Cane mulch

Found this website today which delivers across Greater Brisbane, the Northern and Western suburbs, Logan, Redlands/Bayside, Tamborine and surrounding areas, and the Gold Coast.  May be useful to some members in these areas.

Views: 5482

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Anne, sorry I completely forgot about updating everyone.  It took quite a while to get the mulch but it was more of a weather issue plus you have to understand that the sugar cane harvest is the number one priority and the bales are a sideline business that helps the farmer make a little extra money. So order in advance of when you need it and be prepared to wait a while and call every now and then to check on your order.  I ordered 15 bales in the end.  The size of the bales is about the same as the ones I get from my local produce store and about the same courseness.  I still have 5 left but I'm gearing up for autumn planting so will probably have to order some soon.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks Vanessa for the update and good for those looking for an economical supplier.

I also got some of those bales, through Vanessa, so I can vouch for them. The mulch smells good, and when I lift pieces of it up, there is lots of life going on underneath. I find it is best to water before and after, so your soil is moist to begin with, and to help bed down the mulch.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2021   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service