Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

For those of you who live on the north side of Brisbane, around the Samford/ Ferny Grove area, I have an ongoing supply of organic seedlings. These include vegetables, fruit and herbs.  

We propagate our seedlings with organic methods and where we use seeds, the seedlings are mostly from saved seeds (well acclimatised to our local climate) which have always started from non hybrid seeds from either Edens or Green Harvest. We use no chemicals at all in growing our gardens or the seedlings. Our growing methods are organic and biodynamic, so I believe our seeds and plant stock have good strength and make healthy seedlings.

We have a stall out the front of our place and its self serve, 203 Wights Mt Road, Wights Mt. We started the stall in November last year and its very enjoyable to connect with new growers each week looking for healthy seedlings. We don't have a huge supply, it will develop over time this year, but there is still some interesting plants in stock.

Drop in or call on 0401156532

Peter Kearney

Views: 868

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is great Peter - have updated my list of Australian organic/open-pollinated/heirloom seeds & organic see... with your details.

Thanks Anne

I have quite a few summer veg seedlings coming on now and should be a good supply over the coming weeks.

Good to know - thanks!

Good excuse for a drive out to Samford. Thanks Peter :)

I'll pop out one day and have a look. Is there a market on in the area that would be an added attraction and reason for coming?

Hi Lissa

Samford is always a nice place to visit, plenty of nice places to eat and have coffee in the Village and to walk around. The Samford markets are on every second Saturday of the month at the local Anglican church. These markets are OK. Also on Sunday, there are markets at Ferny Grove station which is less than 10 minutes away.

Hope to see you soon 

Peter K

The Ferny Grove markets seem to be just trash and treasure which can be interesting, but no produce or plants which is the main reason I go to a market.

I'll put some reminders for the Samford Market in the Events to remind myself and everyone else that they are on. Feel free to go there and put a reminder of your seedling sales and address.

Lissa

I agree about the Ferny Grove markets. The Samford markets are not second hand junk like Ferny Grove, but they mostly do sell new junk and the food sold there is generally not local or organic, sometimes seedlings are sold, but not sure of source. I generally do not go to that market. When I was involved with the Samford Local Growers group, I got a stall going there for local produce of small scale growers. This went well for a while, but I have not been connected to that group for sometime now. I run a small stall at our children's school in Samford for locally grown food and sell surplus to people who come to our place. We have a lot of people coming in and out of our place each week,

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2019   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service