Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

Ten Bucks a Litre on TV tonight Thursday 1st August on the ABC at 8.30pm.

Dick Smith, self proclaimed single biggest individual fuel user in Australia, goes in search of the energy options that will decide Australia's future.

Some of our most serious global worries revolve around energy - controlling it, paying for it, and the consequences of burning it. As both one of the world’s biggest per capita users and exporters of fossil fuels, Australia is sure to be deeply affected by the radical changes coming down the energy pipeline. Self-confessed fuel junkie Dick Smith explores Australia's options as we enter the age of energy disruption.

Views: 184

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did anyone watch? I missed it :(

You can watch the program for about two weeks HERE.

It's on our PVR, yet to be seen. Got overtaken by the Cricket ;-)

Seen this now. It's related to the Port Augusta petition as it happens. Certainly learned lots of new stuff - like the electric car charged up by solar that CSIRO is working on. The Solar/molten Salt system is proven technology. We need some leadership politically for these big projects to be approved and helped along. The 5 percent target reduction by 2015 is piffling and won't do anything worthwhile. At the moment all the people in power are just playing with climate change and alternate energy.

Watched about 15mins before work yesterday - hope to watch the rest today.

Wow - when I went to the site again it even started at the point where I left off!

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service