Brisbane Local Food

Growing local

..let me count the ways:

1: you have constantly dug up my pototoes.sweet potatoes as soon as they are ready to harvest

2: you seem to also like capsicum

3: rather than let my new capsicum seedlings settle in, you think it fun to dig them up to dry out.

4: you also have a taste for almost..oh...so close to being ready to pick tomatoes from my vines.

5: Rather than share my highly desired (by me) produce, you take nibbles from a number of items and discard their little pieces all over my yard.

6: my lettuce seedlings have little chance to grow when tossed to the side of your digging frenzy.

7: convincing my husband to build a pest proof fence around my garden beds is very unlikely....

SOB.

Views: 1110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sweet potato leaf pesto? Really? Just make it like normal basil pesto?

I figured if I have an electric fence low to the ground (please note, I am not talking high voltage!), they won't go anywhere near the area. I could be completely wrong. Have spoken with a friend in National Parks who suggested building a fence but having a skirt at the bottom dug into the ground. 

That option obviously is a lot more permanent and hard work. Means also that I need to plan how big I want my overall garden - ie do I just build around the existing beds, what if I want more in the future. It's also is not the aesthetically pleasing look I want for the front entrance to my house.

RSS

Important note about adding photos:

Always add photos using the "From my computer" option, even if you are on a mobile phone or other device.

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

GrowVetiver

Vetiver grass helps to stabilise soil and protects it against erosion.  It can protect against pests and weeds. Vetiver is also used as animal feed. (Wiki.)

GrowVetiver is a plant nursery run by Dave & Keir Riley that harvests and grows Vetiver grass for local community applications and use. It is based in Beachmere, just north of Brisbane, Australia.

Place your business add here! ($5 per month or $25 for 9 months)

Talk to Andy on 0422 022 961.  You can  Pay on this link

© 2020   Created by Andrew Cumberland.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service